Saturday, January 18, 2020

Suqqu x Gemstone Kaleidoscope 2018 Christmas Eyeshadow Compact

For the holiday season of 2018, outdated yes, Suqqu released an 8-pan palette in a Gemstone Kaleidoscope Collection. I normally stay away from huge palettes because I can barely put a dent in an average quad to begin with, but this 2018 Christmas Eyeshadow Compact caught my eyes with its jewel-tone shades so I picked it up along with both of the Moisture Rich Lipsticks 109 桃輝石 (Toukiseki) and 110 緋色石 (Hiiroseki, will post next).

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

As expected, the compact is ginormous. After all, it's actually two quads in the same compact--see product pictures below. I wish they didn't do this, especially with LE items. I'd rather have a smaller compact and pay less, than having this giant compact with a similarly big price tag. I do admit the packaging with kaleidoscope print is pretty, but the print doesn't change the fact that this compact is difficult to store due to its size.

But other than the size of the compact, the palette itself is gorgeous! The eye shadows themselves are buttery to the touch and are quite pigmented. Basically, Suqqu at its best. Even the colors are organized in a sensible way, I thought. If I were to divide the 8-pan into 2 quads, I would have a neutral-cool quad at left and a warm quad at right. If I were to divide the 8-pan into 2 rows, the top row has base, highlighter, top wash, and lid shades, and the bottom row has medium, crease, deep, and liner shades. Of course, one is free to mix, match, and blend any and all the colors to their desire.

Top row, left to right:
- Highlight, top wash, or lid: shimmer, low intensity. A translucent sparkling gold.
- Highlight, top wash, or lid: shimmer, low intensity. A translucent grayish silver.
- Lid: shimmer, medium intensity. Carnation pink.
- Base/highlighter: satin, low intensity. A pale beige that matches my skin tone almost exactly. At first glance, this color appears matte, but under a direct source of light, it's satiny with some very fine micro-shimmers. In a pinch, I also use this shade like a concealer and dust it lightly on my under-eye area.  

Bottom row, left to right:
- Medium/crease: shimmer, high intensity. I want to call this color emerald but I think there's too much blue in it, so it's more like a peacock green.
- Deep/liner: satin, high intensity. Chocolate.
- Medium/crease: shimmer, high intensity. Orange-coral.
- Medium/crease: shimmer, high intensity. Beautiful pink topaz.

Close up of each row.

See my previous posts:

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts