Monday, January 6, 2020

Rimmel Lasting Finish Tint Lip

Last spring, I spotted these Rimmel Lasting Finish Tint Lip on Insta and was immediately intrigued. After all, they looked like dupes of Opera Lip Tint, of which I'm a fan. At 1,300yen each, the Rimmel ones are just a little cheaper than Opera, so I picked up three colors to try: 001 True Red, 003 Mandarin Orange, and 006 Dark Plum.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


The packaging is a white plastic tube with a mirror on the top of the cap. It doesn't feel cheap, but Opera's smaller gold metal tube has a nicer feel for sure. 

Perhaps the 300yen difference in price goes into Opera's nice gold tube indeed, because the Rimmel formula is just as lovely. It's a tad thicker but goes on with a similar slip, is moisturizing, and leaves a glossy shine. Despite the sheer-looking swatches, all three colors are shimmer-free and show really well on my lips, even better than Opera! The stain that's left behind is weaker though, but depends on who you ask the weak stain isn't necessarily a bad thing. I, for one, don't mind the weak stain, because I'd much rather the stain be weak than be super strong and clownish. Suffice to say I went back for more colors ^.^

- 001 True Red: may look red in the tube but swatches a pink-red, applies a cool-toned pink-red on my lips, and leaves a pink stain.

- 003 Mandarin Orange: more like tangerine and leaves a coral stain, perhaps the weakest stain out of the three colors I own. I still love the color though.

- 006 Dark Plum: a deep burgundy that's perhaps the most pigmented out of the bunch and shows really well on my lips with just one swipe. Leaves a mauve-berry stain.

001 True Red, 003 Mandarin Orange, and 006 Dark Plum swatches and stains.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Oh, I'm gonna have a look at these!

D. said...

Hey Julia,

Yeah, these are surprisingly decent. There's a Lasting Finish OIL Tint version too, and I don't really understand the difference. I did pick up a few colors to try also so stay tuned!

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts