Thursday, January 16, 2020

Youth to the People Superberry Hydrate and Glow Oil

After finishing Laneige Water Bank Essence (which was blah and wasn't all that great), I moved on to this 3.7mL/0.125fl. oz. dropper bottle of Youth to the People Superberry Hydrate and Glow Oil. This was another item from a different Sephora PLAY! SMARTS box that caught my eyes in the winter of 2018, Superfoods: Feed Your Face.  


After a few weeks of use, I can say this oil feels just as nice as Kiehl's Daily Reviving Concentrate. It has a similar scent also, lighter on the ginger note but with an added herbal bent. It's a richer--but drier--oil to boot, meaning it feels more luxurious going on but still isn't oily or greasy. I actually use less of it than Kiehl's, 3 drops for my face and neck versus 5 drops with Kiehl's, to achieve the same comfort on my skin. It layers well under my moisturizer and sunscreen too, and it banished any dry or tautness that the Laneige essence didn't address.

When I checked out the full size product, I was fully prepared to see a "boutique" price tag. To my surprise, a 30mL/1oz. bottle of oil actually cost less than Kiehl's! The 30mL/1oz Kiehl's bottle went for $50, whereas Youth to the People was $40. Sure, I really enjoyed the ginger fragrance in Kiehl's, but I'm not sure I'd pay $10 more for just that. Will definitely pick up a full size of Youth to the People.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts