Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Dazzshop Rouge The Fusionist

Dazzshop is another new kid on the block (as of 2018 I think...), and an edgy one at that, if a bit too edgy for me. If anything, this brand strikes me as trying too hard ^.^" I've been seeing them all over Insta but it wasn't until last year that a couple of new lippie releases for Rouge The Fusionist caught my eyes, namely the colors 17 Sunny Code and 18 Bonita Seduccion, and while at it I also picked up 10 Daytime Killer.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


The packaging is okay, a black brushed metal tube, not plastic-y but nothing fancy either. The bullet feels a bit chubby in my hand but I think it's actually average lipstick size.

The unscented formula is thin, balmy, and moisturizing. It goes on with a satisfying tug and leaves a nice shine. Still, despite the great lippie formula and many color choices, overall the brand doesn't seem all that unique (or even edgy) to me. While I'm glad I tried the lipsticks, I'm simply indifferent to everything else they offer. Meh. Moving on.

- 10 Daytime Killer: translucent red wine, part of the original releases and is significantly more pigmented than the newer releases 17 and 18 below.

- 17 Sunny Code: when I first uncapped this tube I felt a bit cheated. From all promo photos it looked orange, but here in the tube it looks pumpkin. Thankfully, it applies a transparent tangerine. Still wearable. Phew.

- 18 Bonita Seduccion: I was a bit disappointed with this color as well. It's a transparent grape soda that can turn clownishly purple depends on the lighting. On sunnier days though, it's a berry-violet on my lips. I guess I should avoid wearing it on cloudy days.

10 Daytime Killer, 17 Sunny Code, and 18 Bonita Seduccion.

4 comments:

rubyrupi said...

Thanks for the review. Where did you purchase your Dazzshop products from? I'm really interested in those lippies

D. said...

Hi rubyrupi,

I bought these directly from Dazzshop's Japanese website and had a kind Japanese friend sent them to me. This brand is unfortunately not available outside of Japan.

However, you could try FudeJapan, a personal shopping service for Japanese cosmetics. Toshiya-san is trustworthy and has a long list of international clients. I myself have bought cosmetics through him many times without any problem. You can find him on Instagram or just google for his website.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
D.

Citrine said...

I like their cream eyeshadow from their instagram post (but guess not enough with markup and international shopping)these three shades look like same styles as celvoke...

D. said...

Hey Mina,

Yeah, too similar to Three, Celvoke, etc. And I can't even wear cream shadows so that's out, which is good for me and my wallet xD

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts