Monday, February 24, 2020

Caudalie Vine Body Butter

I don't like raving about stuff but I feel it'd be unfair to not rave about this 225mL/7.6fl. oz. jar of Caudalie Vine Body Butter. I didn't think it would be possible to top L'Occitane Shea Butter Ultra Rich Body Cream's dreamy deliciousness but wow, I was wrong!


I'm a long-time fan of the brand's Hand and Nail Cream so when Caudalie had a sale last fall, without hesitation I grabbed this Body Butter and a full size bottle of Divine Oil (for the summer, as it's super light albeit heavily scented). Like the L'Occitane body cream, this jar is also sealed with an aluminum lid, which I forgot the take a picture of before peeling off and dug right in with a plastic spatula (I hate digging my hands into stuff).  

Caudalie's product page describe this cream as having a whipped texture, and I suppose that's close enough. For me, it's more like the texture of a chilled buttercream, crumbly but melty as soon as it warms up in my hands, if that makes any sense. You can actually see the crumbliness in the product photos below. It has the same scent as the original Hand & Nail Cream, so not exactly like L'Occitane's creamy milky shea butter but is still very pleasant to use.

Folks, this Body Butter is divine. Divine. It's much lighter than L'Occitane but is just as moisturizing if not more so. How that's possible, I don't know, but it leaves my skin velvety soft without the slightest hint of stickiness or greasiness. It doesn't weigh down my skin at all. In fact, it's so pleasant to use hubby has taken it to slathering it all over himself, arms, chest, back, and legs. Now that's impressive, because as much as I enjoyed the L'Occitane body cream, it was still too heavy and greasy for him. So it speaks volume for the Caudalie Body Butter for hubby to like it this much. Even better is that it's better priced: Caudalie costs $34 for a 225mL/7.6fl. oz. jar versus L'Occitane's $44 for 200mL/6.9oz. If I could only pick one between the two, Caudalie wins, hands down. Will definitely stock up with the next sale.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts