Friday, February 11, 2022

Lipstick Queen Lip Gloss

This Lipstick Queen Lip Gloss in Jean Queen was a cart filler, and I happen to like it quite a bit so here's a quick post. I usually skip glosses but I love my Jean Queen Lipstick and so was game to try this gloss.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.



Lipstick Queen lip glosses come in a pretty generous 8.5g/0.3oz squeeze tube with a brush-tip applicator. I'd actually prefer a smaller size, but I understand why some folks would prefer more product content. The formula is what you would expect of a nice gloss: not too thick, smooth, non-sticky, moisturizing, and with a shiny finish.

As with Jean Queen lipstick, this gloss is a neutral fleshy pink that's shimmer free. I'd say the gloss is sheerer than the lipstick, and so on me it's my-lips-but-better. This is one of those lippies I'd throw into my bag and reach for it whenever I need some moisture on my lips and a touch of color to look alive. In short, it's a staple. That said, given the generous size, it's likely going to take me a long while to finish this tube so I won't be buying more anytime soon. Definitely worth a try if you're curious.

7 comments:

Julia said...

This would look awful on me (nudes always do), but I'm so happy you found a gloss that works for you!

D. said...

Hi Julia,

Really? But this is more like a tawny-berry though? It's MLBB on me and is really comfortable the lips.

How are you?

Julia said...

Really! ^^; Tawny colors look like spaghetti sauce on me. (I suspect you lean warmer than me and that's why it looks good?

I'm okay, I guess. You?

D. said...

Hi Julia,

Yup--I'm super warm-toned ^.^

I'm okay. Still trying to survive with two kids haha

Julia said...

I'm weirdly neutral to cool, so I guess that explains it. (I think saturated vs muted also plays a role?)

Two kids must be a lot of work even outside a pandemic, so I can't even imagine...

D. said...

Oh goodness, one kid is already a full time job. Now that I have kids, I think single moms and dads are superhuman. How do they do it, and all alone!

Julia said...

I can barely look after myself and the husband, and I only work part-time right now. Kudos to you (and every parent out there)!

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts