Saturday, February 12, 2022

Catrice Power Plumping Gel Lipstick

This Catrice Power Plumping Gel Lipstick 090 The Future is Femme came with a generous care packaging Julia sent me two years ago (thank you, Julia!) and only now did I finally get to it (sorry, Julia!). Catrice is well known German drugstore brand with lots of quality items, perhaps comparable to Japan's Kate? Either way, I've tried their powder blushes before and loved them! So I was totally game to try these Catrice lippies Julia sent. 

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

This Power Plumping Gel Lipstick comes in a functional square twist up tube. The gel formula is thin but comfortable on the lips, and holy hell it's pigmented! The swatch below is one slight swipe. On the lips, I applied with normal pressure and it gave me full coverage opaque finish. Woah!

- 090 The Future is Femme: shimmer-free pinkish red. Not a color I can pull off on a daily basis, especially with full coverage opaque finish. I'll try layering it with other sheer top washes and if I find a combination that works well, I'll update this post.

4 comments:

Julia said...

Oh no! I thought this would be a nice tinted balm, but I guess Western stuff is more pigmented than Japanese lipsticks. (That said, a lot of the Canmake items people use as sheer balms are very pigmented on me, so???)

This line has probably been phased out already, as Catrice reformulates more than most Japanese brands ^^;

D. said...

Hi Julia,

Actually, I've found that to be true--Western stuff is way more pigmented stuff, and often with colors too garish for my taste, probably because I love sheer Japanese lippies ^.^ And you know what, I've found that even Japanese stuff are becoming more pigmented too as they try to branch out to international markets.

Oh wow! Unlike many American drugstore brands that don't get reformulated until years later.

Cheers,
D.

Julia said...

I was gonna say, I could think of a lot of very pigmented Japanese that are at least as pigmented as this. But they're still more the exception than the norm.

Catrice and Essence constantly update their lines, it seems. I gave up tracking them years ago. ^^;

I recently stumbled into the world of indie perfumes and have a bunch of samples coming my way, and the way everything seems to be a limited edition is already stressing me out. ^^;;;

D. said...

Hi Julia,

Sorry this got buried in my inbox.

Yes--super pigmented stuff is still uncommon in Japan it seems, not that I'm complaining ^.^ There's a reason why I prefer Japanese stuff.

Oh neato! I'm too lazy for perfumes haha

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts