Thursday, February 10, 2022

Ladit Mirrorless Tint Rouge

These Ladit Mirrorless Tint Rouge came out in the fall of 2018 and although they look interesting with a diamond-shaped core, I thought the permanent lineup was meh and skipped them. It took some LE releases in the fall of 2019 that I finally caved and picked up some colors to try. From the permanent lineup, I got 02 Noble Red and 03 Spice Coral. And I also got three LE releases 07 Apricot Fizz, 14 Garnet Snow, and 15 Night Party

Of course, I'm super slow to get to them and now that I'm posting a review finally, I think they've been discontinued. I don't see their brand page on BCL's official website, and they're barely in stock on Amazon JP and elsewhere. Sigh.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

To be honest, I'm not too sad that these have been discontinued: they're meh and aren't that great. The packaging is lovely, yes, a slim metal tube with LEs in different colors. They're unscented, and the diamond-shaped core is neat. But other than that, I don't love their formula and have had much better drugstore options at half their 1,760yen retail price. 

They're moisturizing, but they're so thin and silicone-y in texture they don't last very long at all on my lips. Their finish varies from color to color, some sheer some semi-opaque, and it's impossible to guess which color has what finish. Finally, I'm most dissatisfied with their color lineup--that was the reason I skipped right over them to begin with when they were first released. Buying online is not too far from buying blind, so the results can be hit or miss. I'm afraid these are mostly misses, and out of the 5 colors I have I kept only 1 and passed on the rest to those who would appreciate them.

 
- 02 Noble Red: from the permanent lineup. The bullet is a lovely shimmer-free and translucent neutral red and the core is a transparent shimmery pink. This color is lovely on and is the only one I kept. I just wish it wasn't so thin and would last longer.

- 03 Spice Coral: also from the permanent lineup. The bullet isn't coral at all but is more like a shimmer-free orangy brown. I think they meant for the pink shimmery core to turn it coral, but the core is, erhhh, transparent and really doesn't do a thing to help the brown. I passed this on to our family friend M. who loves browns and nudes and she loves it.

02 Noble Red and 03 Spice Coral

Here's the original permanent lineup's packaging in metallic pale pink versus the LE metallic red with gold cuff.

- 07 Apricot Fizz: a LE release spring or summer 2019 I believe. The bullet is shimmer-free pink-coral with a transparent mint green shimmery core. The swatch looks translucent enough but this color actually has a semi-opaque finish as the bullet has some white base in it. Nope.

- 14 Garnet Snow: 14 and 15 are both LE releases fall 2019, and from the promo pictures I would have never guessed that both bullets are shimmery with shimmery cores. This bullet appears pink-red but it applies a semi-opaque medium pink with large chunky hot pink, white, and red shimmers. The core is a transparent and shimmery soft white. Nope. Passed on both 07 above and this color to mum-in-law. She really likes them at least!

- 15 Night Party: I had high hopes for this color but it didn't work out either. This bullet has finer shimmers than 14 above and applies a translucent brownish red. The core is actually shimmer-free but is sadly a deep brown. The result was too brown on my lips :( Also passed this one on to M.

07 Apricot Fizz, 14 Garnet Snow, and 15 Night Party

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts