Sunday, May 5, 2013

L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil

I've been on a L'Occitane kick lately with some dozen of travel sized body washes lined up along the wall in my shower and body milk/lotions in my bath cabinet ^.^ One of my favorite is this Almond Shower Oil. This is a 75mL/2.5fl oz. travel size bottle from L'Occitane's Mystery Gift Event two years ago, and I finally got to it now along with the Almond Exfoliating Soap (will review soon). 


Now this shower oil is interesting. It starts out an oil, until you add water and it emulsifies into a somewhat foamy suds. It actually doesn't foam very well and will probably work better with a wash cloth than a shower puff. I just use my hands, actually ^.^ It rinses clean and doesn't leave my skin feeling stripped like some of the more foamy washes do. The best part is the scent. It smells soooooooo good! It's a warm and soothing almond-y scent that's not over powering. Really, it makes me want to just eat it! Whenever I use this, my whole bathroom smells nice! 

Here's the ingredients. I'm really enjoying this, along with the other dozen body washes from L'Occitane that I will slowly but surely post about. Until I use them all up, I won't buy full sizes of anything.

4 comments:

kuri said...

Heh, I love the scent of almond so I've always wondered about this oil. I finally tried the travel size, but I wasn't a fan somehow. Not enough almond for me? Don't even remember why now. Maybe I didn't actually try it? I love the scent of the essential oils body wash, but found it a little drying.

D. said...

Hi kuri,

You're right. I'm using the essential oils body wash right now too and it is a tad drying. The almond shower oil smells yummy though. The scent is milder than the exfoliating soap, but I love it!

Cheers,
D.

Alicia said...

Hmmm...I wanna try this out. i wanna know if it will dry out my skin too. I also love almond scent.

D. said...

Hi Alicia,

Do give the travel size a try, especially if you like almond scent. Although perhaps like kuri mentioned above, it may not be almond-y enough ^.^ May be take a whiff of it at the store first before buying?

Have fun!
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts