Monday, December 2, 2019

Clinique Pep-Start Pout Perfecting Balm

During Sephora's winter sale last year, I picked up two Clinique Pep-Start Pout Perfecting Balm in Cherry and Tangerine. They were going at half price and my sister told me she likes tinted (in the Western sense, as in non-staining) lip balms, so I bought them for her to try.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

...Only for her to give them back to me a couple of weeks later, pristine packaging and all. She tried them and they were too pigmented, she said. So hell, I used them instead. Why not, right? ^.^

Turns out she was right--these are a little more pigmented than their name implies. They show really well on my lips and are more like a balmy lipstick with translucent color and sheer-medium pigmentation than a tinted lip balm. The formula is really nice, thick, smooth, and buttery. They're also unscented, very moisturizing, shimmer-free, and with a glossy finish to boot. Likey! Too bad they're also discontinued, with only one color (Guava) left on Clinique's website. You can probably find them on e(vil)Bay, though beware of the markups.

- Cherry: translucent pink-red.

- Tangerine: translucent coral.

Cherry and Tangerine

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts