Friday, May 20, 2011

Jill Stuart We Love Jill Mook

I finally got around to some of last year's mooks, one of which is the popular Jill Stuart We Love Jill Mook that came with a super nice makeup/toiletry case. That said, I'm just going to be brief with my description since there have been tons of blog posts on this particular mook already.









The freebie that comes with the mook is a very pretty makeup/toiletry case in pink flower print along with a bow charm.

The case measures 15(height) x 22.5(length) x 6(width) cm and is made of polyester. It doesn't feel as soft, but it's exceptionally well made and I'm very pleased with it!

In fact, recently I came to the conclusion that I'm going to avoid buying mooks unless they come with a really nice freebie, like this Jill Stuart We Love Jill Mook or the Cath Kidston Hello From London Mook that came out last spring. Why? Because mooks are nothing more than a catalogue, and while the freebies that come with them are generally better in quality, the mooks themselves can cost up to 3 times the price of a magazine!

The front of the Jill Stuart makeup case

I pick and choose my magazines and only get the ones with a seemingly good freebie. My rationale is that if the freebie is crappy, at least I can enjoy the magazine's contents. Of course there are times when I get the shitty end of the stick and both the magazine and the freebie are crappy (the recent Como March 2011 issue is a good example), but most of the time, I'm pretty happy with what I buy.

The back of the makeup case has a zipper pocket.

But the mooks, even if I like their contents, I would just look at them once or twice and then tuck them away. All are advertising merchandise for a specific season anyway, and so to pay so much for a catalogue that will go out of season in a few months just doesn't make any sense to me.

The bow charm that comes with the makeup case.

There are 2 compartments to the makeup case, both with zipper closure.

One of the compartment has various pockets for lipsticks, etc.

The other compartment has a mesh zipper pocket on one side and slots for makeup brushes on the other.



A page featuring new Jill Stuart makeup collection at the time.

The next several pages feature actresses from Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, etc. but I've no idea who they are :P
















Different looks achieved with the new makeup collection.




Makeup how-to's







A page showing the freebie makeup case

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts