Monday, May 2, 2011

L'Occitane Shea Butter Ultra Rich Face Cream

I had a deluxe 0.5 oz. travel size jar of this L'Occitane Shea Butter Ultra Rich Face Cream and had been using it on and off since the winter, until just recently when the weather was getting more humid. In the beginning I thought this stuff would be way too rich, but then again my skin was really bugging me with all the dry patches and peeling during the cold months so I had to resort to one of the richest night creams I have.

The full size 1.7 oz. is $39, so if it wasn't for the deluxe travel size jar I would have never buy this cream. Even then, it took me so long (and many dry patches and much peeling later) did I finally use my travel size jar.


***Picture from L'Occitane USA.

My 0.5 oz. travel size jar

Turns out I like this cream too ^.^ The cream's texture is not as thick as the Honey & Lemon Delightful Cream, but it's definitely richer. So I fretted that my face would turn into a grease ball the next morning. To my surprise it didn't. My skin just felt really soft. And the cream went on fresh and not greasy. It absorbed into my skin even faster than the Honey & Lemon Delightful Cream did too!



My only complaint with this cream, as with the other cream, is the fragrance. It smells really nice, like a creamier version of the milky and powdery shea scent that's in the Shea Hand Cream, only it's much much stronger. I've beginning to noticed that L'Occitane has inconsistency with product fragrance, some are really nice and just right, and others are just down right overpowering. Unfortunately, both the Honey & Lemon Delightful Cream as well as this Shea Butter Ultra Rich Face Cream fall in the latter, which is too bad. So yeah, I won't be buying the full size of this Ultra Rich Face Cream anytime soon. At least not with that price tag and the hit-me-over-the-head fragrant.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts