Saturday, February 11, 2012

Oro Gold Cosmetics 24K Golden Body Scrub

I received this huge tub of 300mL of Oro Gold Cosmetics 24K Golden Body Scrub as a gift from mum in law and have been using it off and on whenever I come home for a visit. I guess it's about time I review it. I'm sure I have at least one picture of this scrub somewhere, but until I go through my library again and find it, a stock picture will have to do for now. Sorry!

***Picture from Oro Gold Cosmetics USA.

This is a sea salt scrub for the body that is mixed in an oil solution (a mix of jojoba and coconut oil, I believe) for maximum moisturizing effect. At first I didn't really like the oils because even after rinsing my skin still felt filmy and greasy, but with my last two visits home when the weather was colder and dryer, I finally learned to appreciate what the oils do for my dry skin. Also, I figured out that this scrub is best used at the very last minute right before I step out of the shower instead of at the beginning or even in the middle of shower. This way, I was able to retain most of that oil on my skin and not get it all melted off by the warm water throughout the shower. Then after getting out I just gently dabbed dry with a towel, taking care not to wipe off all the oils. This had actually allowed me to skip body cream/lotion altogether while still keeping my freshly exfoliated skin super soft and adequately moisturized.

So needless to say, I do like this salt scrub a lot. However, like the Body Shop Exfoliating Skin Towel, the sea salt is quite rough on the skin and I couldn't use it as often as I would like. Too much of a good thing can be bad anyway, so as much as I want to scrub up everyday I didn't. Another thing with any salt scrub is that if you have a cut on your skin, it will sting. Sounds easy enough to avoid, right? Not so. On days when I didn't moisturize well, my dry skin itched, and when it did, I scratched. And scratching broke the skin of course, which then get stung like hell when I used this salt scrub. This cycle was repeated more often than I would like, so no, not fun at all.

Fragrance wise, I got the "Devotion" scent and I have to say it smelled quite nice. Very relaxing but uplifting at the same time with an exotic mix of sensual flower and brisk sea breeze, it made me feel like I was taking a dip at the beach of some remote island. As for the 24 karat gold that was supposedly infused into the scrub, erhh...not sure about that part. First of all, I wouldn't know what this "gold infuse" should look like, because from the scrub itself, it wasn't exactly obvious there was any "gold" in it, or did the scrub even look "golden." It just looked exactly as it does in that picture above, and you can't see any "gold" other than the words printed onto the tub, can you? 

What I'm saying is that I wouldn't recommend dropping the $68 plus tax to buy this salt scrub for the "gold." If you would like to treat yourself to a luxurious salt scrub however, that would be an entirely different story, one where you can probably source else where only for much cheaper. Just be prepared to receive older stock if you do buy it online (Amazon, Ebay, etc.).

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts