Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Castledew Diacut Cheek Marble

While I was wavering back and forth on whether I should get the Castledew Diacut Cheek #902 Jewel Highlight, I spotted these Diacut Cheek Marbles and this decision was an easy one to make ^.^ There are only 2 varieties available for these so far, #1 Shine Dia and #2 Lovely Dia. I bought both of them, despite guessing they would both be baked and frosty again. I'm such a sucker -.-'

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


Both of these come in the exact same pearly white compacts as the Diacut Cheek 9-Colors, and I was right again that they are baked. However, they have very different texture and finish than the Diacut Cheek 9-Colors. They feel softer and not as dry as baked powder would normally feel, which is interesting. Even more intriguing is that neither have any hint of metallicity in them! Instead, they both have a satiny pearl finish that gives a very gorgeous soft focus glow with some shimmers. Finally, these are scented, which is a huge departure from most baked product that has no fragrance at all. It's very mild, but is definitely a feminine powder scent which I don't mind but not exactly thrilled about. I just prefer my makeup to stay unscented in general, especially with face powders.

#1 Shine Dia and #2 Lovely Dia

- #1 Shine Dia: in my experience, most baked highlighters tends to be too shimmery, if not metallic and most likely will turn frosty on me. So I set my expectation way low for this one, but it turns out to be neither frosty or opaque! If anything, its veil of pearly shimmers is quite sheer and it makes a good highlighter for daytime. In fact, I couldn't see it at all at night! And normally, a sweep and blend of any highlighter under my eyes will suffice as an under eye concealer for me, but not this one! It's honestly too translucent for this task, even during the day. The good news is that if you're highlighter-shy, this will make a good training compact ^.^

Clockwise from left:
#1 - Solid ivory
#2 - Marble pink, gold, and peach multi
#3 - Solid pastel pink
#4 - Solid lavender
#5 - Marble white, blue, and lilac multi

- #2 Lovely Dia: now this is a gorgeous blush! It gives my cheeks a dreamy soft focus pinky glow that's really pretty! I just sweep my brush over the whole thing and then blend.

Clockwise from top left:
#1 - Marble pink, gold, and peach multi
#2 - Solid hot pink (the darker pink)
#3 - Solid muted carnation pink (the lighter pink)
#4 - Solid pinkish white
- I didn't swatch the deeper marble coral peach multi because they're just impossible to pickup!

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts