Monday, January 2, 2017

Blossom Jeju Pink Camellia Soombi Essence Serum

November of last year, I had a brief conversation with Anna from My Asian Skincare Story about camellia oils. She mentioned then she was eyeing Blossom Jeju. So I looked up the brand, and among the pricey lineup this 30mL bottle of Pink Camellia Soombi Essence Serum from the Pink Line caught my eyes. So I secured a bottle for myself to try but of course didn't get to it until now...


I can see why this product is expensive. The brand took care to package it well, which I appreciate. The serum is in a round and opaque glass jar with a dropper. Also, the mouth of the jar has a stopper so that when the jar is accidentally tipped over, the serum doesn't splash all over. Overall, the bottle feels nice and luxurious.

This essence serum is a clear gel so thick and viscous it appears sticky like honey. It's scented with a mild flowery fragrance, though I discern some tea as well. I use it in my morning routine, having finished up First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum.

For each application, I rub two drops in my hands and massage it onto skin prepped with toner. Interestingly enough, despite the sticky appearance, the gel feels oily to the touch. It applies a tad oily as well before turning sticky again. I'm in a super dry environment right now so the stickiness disappears rather quickly, within a minute. I can deal with that. If you live in a more humid location though, expect longer absorption time with the stickiness lingering longer.

This essence serum is very moisturizing, I'd say even more so than the FAB serum, exactly what I need this time of the year. Since it retails for $64, I'll only repurchase with repurchase with a good promotion. There are simply too many new things to try :)

Blossom Jeju Pink Camellia Soombi Essence Serum:
Camellia Japonica Flower Extract(55.22%), Glycerin, Propanediol(EcoCert®, Natural Origin), Water, Pentylene Glycol(EcoCert®, Natural Origin), Niacinamide, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Citric Acid, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Betaine, Adenosine, Sorbitan Caprylate, Opuntia Ficus-Indica fruit Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Undaria Pinnatifida Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hizikia Fusiforme Extract, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Trehalose, Hyaluronic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Algae Oligosaccharides, Bioflavonoids, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Extract, Ecklonia Cava Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Sargassum Fulvellum Extract, Levulinic Acid, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Leaf Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Skin Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Silybum Marianum Extract, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Yeast Beta-Glucan, Fragrance.
***List of ingredients from Blossom Jeju.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts