Monday, March 16, 2020

Herbal Essence Touchable Moisture Shampoo

Hubby and I finished the Dove Botanical Selection Damage Protection Shampoo in a flash. Despite coming in a 600mL pump bottle, there was only 400mL of it after all. Next up was this 800mL refill bag of Herbal Essence Touchable Moisture Shampoo, which I poured into the emptied Dove shampoo bottle. I only poured in about 450-500mL though, the rest I passed on to my sister along with the 340g refill bag of the matching Touchable Moisture Conditioner because I'd barely used up 1/4 of the Dove one. 


This Herbal Essence scent really brings back memories of high school and early college days! The shampoo itself isn't transparent as I remember though. Instead, it's thick, opaque, and pearlized in a lavender color like the packaging shown here. I would bet the conditioner is a similar color. Both were made in Thailand instead of Japan, and although I was a bit skeptical at first (why, of course I'm so totally biased for all things made in Japan, what did you expect? :P), after a couple of uses I was sold.

Now I don't know if it's the pregnancy hormones or what, but this shampoo has been working really well for my rather annoyingly-long hair. I need a hair cut stat, but until then, this stuff has been keep my hair soft, smooth, and shiny, all without weighing it down or turning my scalp oily the next day. This is impressive, because the longer my hair gets, the harder it is to manage. Often, my longer hair gets oily the next day, and subsequently my scalp gets greasy also. Not the case with this shampoo, and I've tried using it without any conditioner, with the Dove conditioner, and with my lazy-day conditioner aka Yanagiya Anzu Oil Hair Toning Lotion. I'm going to have to wait and see what my sister says about it, because her thick and long hair is even harder to manage than mine. I might repurchase if I could find it again on Rakuten JP.

11 comments:

Julia said...

I remember using Herbal Essences when I was younger! I also had a really long phase where I used only Avon shampoo, and still use stuff from their botanical line when I visit my parents because I have so much left oops ^^; (I used to love their poppy shampoo and was really sad when they discontinued it.)

Rumor has it a lot of things that are "made in Japan" are only mixed together here and the first 90% of the process was done in China, so I take everything claimed on labels with a huge grain of salt.

Anonymous said...

Pregnant again? Congrats! :)

D. said...

Hey Julia,

I used to use Avon a whole lot too back in the days, though mostly skincare products and some makeup. Which of the Avon shampoos do you still use?

LOL that sounds like some of the labels here in the US that says, "Design in NY, made in China" or "Assembled in USA of imported materials." There are actually strict guidelines here for what can be labeled "Made in USA," so I would assume there are similar guidelines there in Japan as well?

Hope you're well there in Tokyo.

Hugs,
D.

D. said...

Thank you, Anonymous!

^.^ I'm already 8 months along. Not a great time to have a baby but hey, no one planned for a global pandemic.

Take care and stay healthy!
D.

Julia said...

Something Naturals Avocado bla? Sorry, it's at my parents' house ^^;

Tokyo is weirdly normal despite Corona, but Europe is a mess. My grandma thinks I can't come home if I want, which of course as a citizen I can, even though I may be quarantined. How about the US?

D. said...

Hey Julia,

Interesting. I'll look and see if Avon still carries that shampoo.

I've actually heard that from a few of my friends in Tokyo as well, that life is, erhhh, normal over there despite the virus.

Meanwhile, it's a mess here in the US. Everyone is panicking and hoarding like crazy. All companies are now on work-from-home basis with the exception of places that can't, of course, like hospitals, etc. Restaurants, bars, food venues now have curfews (9pm I think) and are reduced to delivery and takeouts only. Theaters and other public entertainment places are all closed. Gatherings of more than 10 people are discouraged. San Francisco is on lock down (no leaving home unless urgent, no one leaves or enters the city), and NYC is contemplating the same.

Crazy times, I tell ya. Crazy times.

Take care,
D.

Julia said...

I think I just like it because it's cheap and works with their hard water? I'm not sure it's like the greatest shampoo ever lol

Concerts etc. have been cancelled here as well, but everything else seems really normal. No toilet paper though...
How are you feeling personally?

D. said...

Hey Julia,

Interesting. Personally, I feel fine. I've always been a homebody to begin with. I mean, I write, and I blog, and both are quite isolating things to do ^.^ I do miss eating out but since takeouts and delivery are still available I'm okay with that.

My hubby and our little boy though, are a different story. They both love going outside so this has been hard on them. So everyday we make sure they get their walk around the neighborhood. We got a giant blizzard today so they got to play in the snow which was nice.

Take care,
D.

Julia said...

I'm mostly okay being at home as well, but in Japan life continues as usual anyway... I did recently start Facetiming my sister because she's stuck at home in Germany.

I hope you'll all stay safe in the blizzard!! Weirdly, we had some snow last weekend.

D. said...

Hey Julia,

Same here. We've been Facetiming the grandparents everyday as well since we're keeping our little guy away from them for their own sake. Ha.

Stay healthy!
D.

Julia said...

You roo!

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts