Sunday, March 29, 2020

Suqqu Stain Lip Lacquer

In the spring of 2019, along with Designing Color Eyes 12 幻光茜 (Genkouakane) Suqqu also released a limited edition line of Stain Lip Lacquer with five colors, which I summarily ignored. Then came the summer and I spotted them on sale alongside Matte Lip Crayon 102 宙紅 (Sorabeni) and picked up 101 輝虹 (Kiniji) Hologram Snow and 104 燈緋 (Touhi) Spicy Red out of sheer curiosity...

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

...And then immediately regretted the purchase, especially 101 輝虹 (Kiniji) ^.^" Not only it was a lip topper, it was glittery and it was, well, white. Silly me, what was I thinking? Spoiler: I wasn't. At that point, I was pretty underwhelmed with Suqqu's 2019 releases and was eager, if not desperate, to try something, anything.

Anyway, I set these Lip Lacquer aside until I could photograph them, and when I did I rolled my eyes pretty hard when right out of the box, 101 輝虹 (Kiniji) proved me correct: it was glittery lip topper junk. Urgh. I begrudgingly took pictures of both and then swatched them onto the back of my hands, at which point I paused for a good moment. Oh my, what's this sublime texture?


That was when I finally tried these on my lips and swooned. What an incredible formula! These have a whipped texture that's thin and lightweight but without the weird, silicone-y slip. Yep, just like a lacquer, just as named. They're super moisturizing too, with a glossy but not overly glassy finish. Since these have been discontinued and I'd loath to pay the rip off prices on E(vil)bay, I'll refrain from getting any more for now, but wowza, me likey very muchy!

- 101 輝虹 (Kiniji) Hologram Snow: Pearly white with multi-colored shimmers. The amazing formula still doesn't change the fact that this "color" is really no color at all. Ha. All the shimmers mean a slightly gritty texture. Even after wiping my lips off, lots of the shimmers would stay behind until I wash or lick them off, and I'm not particularly keen on eating shimmers. The pearly finish plus all that shimmers translate to pale and frosty lips. However, when I apply just one layer and press my lips and spread, this "color" does sheer out to a translucent finish and looks no different than clear, albeit shimmery, lip balm. That's how I wear it anyhow, as a balm while lounging around at home.   

- 104 燈緋 (Touhi) Spicy Red: Swatches a shimmer-free, potent, and warm orange-y red but one layer on just my upper lips sheers out to a lovely transparent red-coral. This color is totally my jam, and it's all barks but no bite, probably because, well, I only apply one layer ^.^ I adore this juicy, sheer wash of color! As for the staining, there's none. I blotted with a sheet of kleenex and found zero stains. Everything came right off, so I really don't know why it's a "stain" lip lacquer because, well, it doesn't.

101 輝虹 (Kiniji) Hologram Snow and 104 燈緋 (Touhi) Spicy Red.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts