Saturday, March 28, 2020

Suqqu Matte Lip Crayon

I had a real back-n-forth moment with Suqqu Matte Lip Crayons. There were three colors that were released as part of the UK Christmas 2018 Interstellar Collection. Bellyhead told me they were quite pleasant and while I believed her, I was also intimidated with both the "matte" in their name and the level of pigmentation I'd seen from many a blog swatches.

In the end, I went with just one Designing Color Eyes palette 123 晄織 (Hikariori) Cosmos Dust(?). It wasn't until I spotted the crayons on sale the summer of 2019 that I decided to try one color: 102 宙紅 (Sorabeni).

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Of course Bellyhead was right--these crayons have an incredible formula! Yes, I only have one color and yes, I'm assuming there's consistency across all three colors. But the crayon I have is weightless, as in I almost don't feel it at all on my lips and would probably forget it's even there if it weren't for the intense pigmentation. And by intense, I mean one layer on the upper lip and then pressed to spread is enough to give me full coverage on both lips, with a completely matte, stain-like finish. The formula isn't moisturizing per se, but it's not drying either. I think I might want another color. What a pleasant surprise!

- 102 宙紅 (Sorabeni): shimmer-free wine-berry, more wine on the back of my hand and more berry on my lips. I know the swatch has a sheen to it, but this color is totally matte once I press my lips together to spread. I didn't think I'd like it but I actually do. Quite a lot even! Wow, count me impressed!

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts