Thursday, March 5, 2020

L'Occitane Fruity Lipstick

Last summer, L'Occitane released a new line of lippies that immediately caught my eyes with claims of sheer and build-able colors. So when they sent me a coupon in the mail, I picked up these Fruity Lipsticks in 040 Gor-Juice Pomelo and 060 Plum Plum Girl, and also the Fruity Perfecting Balm Le Yellow, which I'll post next.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Both the Fruity Lipsticks and the Perfecting Balm come in a sunny plastic yellow tube that's weighty and substantial without the plastic-y feel. It contains only 2.8g of product though, a whole gram less than an average lipstick, and retails for $20, which isn't too bad. There's now an "Intense" version that's more pigmented. I probably won't touch those because these "sheer" ones shows pretty well on me already.

These are scented with a fruity fragrance but without any taste, thank goodness. I think the formula is decent but nothing amazing or out of this world. It's a bit waxy initially and applies with some tug, but as soon as it's on, I feel a slight silicone-y slip that I'm not too thrilled about. There's a slight white base as well, although both colors I have are thankfully still translucent enough to be wearable for me. Any more though and it would be too opaque for my taste, because as mentioned above, these are decently pigmented. The finish has a slight sheen. Over all, I'm glad I tried these but I probably won't get any other colors.

- 040 Gor-Juice Pomelo: looks orange-coral in the tube but goes on me totally coral. The orange just disappears. That said, it's a face-brightening and flattering color.

- 060 Plum Plum Girl: a raspberry red and not plum at all. Very pretty.

040 Gor-Juice Pomelo and 060 Plum Plum Girl. The swatches are a single swipe each.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts