Saturday, March 21, 2020

Addiction the Eye Shadow Part IV

Starting with the Empress Orchid collection in the fall of 2018, Addiction went on to release two more collections in 2019 that caught my eyes: Fake Romance in the spring, from which I picked up three Eye Shadow singles, 134 Blood Moon (P), 136 Black Rose (P), and 139 Soprano (S), and Carmen Rose in the summer, from which I got 144 Vintage Rose (P), 147 Roma Bronze (P), and 151 Spanish Lullaby (P).

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

I'm really pleased with these singles as well, perhaps with the exception of 139 Soprano because it's not much of a color. Texture and pigmentation are superb as always, with zero fall-outs, even with the super sparkly 151 Spanish Lullaby.

- 134 Blood Moon (P): satin, medium intensity. A reddish pink that's all bark and no bite. It looks intimidating but is quite wearable once blended. And despite appearing matte, it does have a satiny sheen.


- 136 Black Rose (P): shimmer, high intensity. A gorgeous and rather unique lavender-plum. I have few, if any, similar colors in my collection! When (if?) I have more time, I'll dig through my stash and do some comparison photos.


- 139 Soprano (S): shimmer, high intensity. A pigmented ivory with a pearly wet sheen. It's a nice highlighter, but that's about it. I should have skipped this since I have no shortage of highlighter colors.


Click to zoom.

- 144 Vintage Rose (P):shimmer, medium intensity. A pretty dusty tawny rose.


- 147 Roma Bronze (P): shimmer, high intensity. A lovely taupe-y plum.


Since the closeup pictures for 144 Vintage Rose and 147 Roma Bronze got washed out and ended up looking almost identical, here are the two of them side by side for a better view.
Here are several more in the same pink-rose-mauve-plum family: 021 Love Affair, 080 Cry Baby, 085 Shanghai Breakfast, 144 Vintage Rose, and 147 Roma Bronze.

Here are 085 Shanghai Breakfast and 147 Roma Bronze, since they look rather similar. 085 is redder and 147 is blacker.

- 151 Spanish Lullaby (P): high shimmer, very sheer. A translucent and super sparkly lavender-leaning-periwinkle top wash. Again, a pretty unique color among my collection.

See my previous posts:

3 comments:

Julia said...

This is so interesting! Soprano looks like the only color I would have bought, not just because I am one (lol), but because I think it would be a great all-over color on my lids without being too much or obvious when it smudges or disappears.

D. said...

Hey Julia,

Makes sense to me--you're very fair after all! Whereas Soprano is strictly a highlighter for me, and I have already have a gazillion of those, so sadly it's not as useful for me :( Oh well...

Cheers,
D.

Julia said...

I am pretty pale, yeah! But too bad this isn't useful for you. :(

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts