Monday, March 28, 2022

Shiro Essence Lip Butter

Bought along with Shiro Essence Lip Oil is this Essence Lip Butter in 9C01 which is a wacky way of saying there's really no color. This Lip Butter is recently made available via Shiro's USA only webstore, so it's available to those who are curious.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

 
I was just as excited to try this Lip Butter as I was with the Lip Oil, but I'll be honest that I like the Lip Oil much better. Don't get me wrong, this Lip Butter is great. It's akin to a fantastic lip gloss with great consistency and texture, is very moisturizing, leaves a glossy finish, and lasts longer than the Lip Oil. However, as it's so similar to a lip gloss, I find myself disappointed as I was hoping for something different than a glorified lip gloss. There's an odd generic soap scent too, which I think is weird and uncharacteristic since Shiro knocked it out of the park with the Lip Oil yuzu fragrance, not to mention they're known for their fragrances as well. Of course, all that said I did use up half the tube so I do enjoy using it. I just won't repurchase.

- 9C01: a milky fleshy pink that's pretty much clear on my lips.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts