Thursday, March 31, 2022

Grown Alchemist Hydra-Repair Eye Balm

In addition to RMK Eye Balm, I'm also using this 15mL/0.5fl. oz. Grown Alchemist Hydra-Repair Eye Balm. Some time last summer, I got curious with this Australian brand and picked up several items from their Hydra-Repair line, including this Eye Balm. So when I started using the RMK Eye Balm and wanted a second choice for comparison, I went straight to this GA one even though it was much farther down the queue.


Let's just say I thought to try this GA Eye Balm for comparison's sake but ended up liking it so much I couldn't bear to put it away. So I'm using both this and RMK at the same time, on different nights of course. RMK is for my "off" nights, with standard skincare routine, and GA on my "spa" nights, when I apply a sleeping mask instead of regular night cream. 

Why? Because this GA Eye Balm is very much a spa experience for me. First, it's another true balm! How on earth did I get so lucky with two eye balms?! Second, it's a better balm than RMK, being much less waxy--actually it's not at all waxy! Instead, it melts into a thinner oil that sinks right into my skin. It doesn't feel as rich and thick like RMK, but it's still luxurious, probably because of the lavender herbal-essential oils scent that makes me feel like I'm having a spa treatment. And finally, it's super moisturizing despite the thinner texture, even more moisturizing than RMK. Love! Will definitely repurchase.

And now the nitty gritty parts. This Eye Balm comes in a black glass jar, and I really don't need much at all since it melts into an oil. Which is to say this 12.5g jar will last me for quite a while, hopefully through another winter as I will have to put it away in another month or so when the weather becomes too warm to warrant an intensive eye balm at night. Good thing too, because it retails for $100. Ouch. But I love it so much I'll repurchase anyway. It's definitely one of those super rare products that are worth their pricey tag, for me at least.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts