Monday, June 13, 2022

Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Milk SPF50+ PA++++

Woops. Finished with this 40mL bottle of Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Milk SPF50+ PA++++ a few weeks ago but forgot the post in the draft folder. This was the 2017 version--the gold bottle--that had been discontinued since 2019, replaced by the blue bottle. 

And if this blue bottle looks familiar to you, that's because this UV Super Moisture Milk line was the replacement when Rohto discontinued Skin Aqua UV Moisture Milk SPF50+ PA+++ in 2017. 

So, being how did this UV Super Moisture Milk fare replacing my trusty alcohol-free UV Moisture Milk? Super! No, I'm serious. As far as I'm concerned, the only difference between these two products is the "Super" in the latter's name. Otherwise, both were alcohol-free, and both contained zinc oxide (酸化亜鉛), octinoxate (メトキシケイヒ酸エチルヘキシル), and Uvinul A+ (ジエチルアミノヒドロキシベンゾイル安息香酸ヘキシル) as active ingredients, although perhaps in different concentration.
 
I dug this bottle out to begin with because at some point, both the Nivea Men UV Protector (unfortunately discontinued) and even my beloved Nivea Sun Strong Fit Care UV Milky Gel (most unfortunately discontinued!) became too drying for my skin. So this UV Super Moisture Milk bottle came to the rescue and wow, I totally remembered why I loved it back then and why I still loved it now. 
 
This was an opaque milk that set to a velvety, dewy matte finish. Being alcohol-free, it somehow still managed to be water and sweat proof, and it kept the lovely finish throughout the whole day! Even better--it was moisturizing indeed, and I had zero dry flakes or patches even at the end of the day, versus some sunscreens would give me dry flakes and patches by midday. My dry-combo skin couldn't have survived the driest winter months if it weren't for this UV Super Moisture Milk, so you bet I'll repurchase. Oh wait, I already did ^.^

Here's 15 drops of UV Super Moisture Milk Pink (will post next) to add just a touch of color to my UV Super Moisture Milk.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts