Sunday, December 4, 2022

Osaji Nuance Lip Balm

I came across the brand Osaji on Instagram via various Japanese magazines. Among Osaji's offerings, these Nuance Lip Balms caught my eyes and I picked up all three available colors at the time: 01 花束 Hanataba, 02 Curve, and 03 宝箱 Takarabako.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.
 
Packaging is aluminum I think, cool to the touch but is thin and light, in charcoal gray. Very functional and practical, if not a bit too utilitarian. 

The formula is on the thinner side but is very moisturizing with a slight oily feel that's been trendy these past few years, with a glossy finish. I like it! The colors are hit-and-miss thanks to the slight white base, but the formula is comfortable enough that I picked up another 2 colors, 05 幕開け Makuake and 06 はやる心 Hayarukokoro, with 06 being a brand new color released this Fall 2022. They both have shimmers though, so let's hope they won't be gritty.
 
- 01 花束 Hanataba: a shimmer-free petal pink with slight white base. Makes my lips a tad pale upon application but thankfully the semi-opacity "adapts" after a few minutes and this color is still wearable for me. 

 
- 02 Curve: the most "pigmented" color of the bunch, a shimmer-free peachy apricot, again with slight white base. Same as above, this semi-opacity adapts after a few minutes and the lippie is thankfully still wearable. This one is a touch more troublesome than the above, in that because the slight white-base plus the pigmentation will emphasize every fry flake on my lips and will shift around in patches. definitely not a lippie to wear on a bad-lips day.

 
- 03 宝箱 Takarabako: my favorite of the three, a translucent, shimmer-free, and sheer neutral red that's just perfect for everyday wear.

From left to right: 01 花束 Hanataba, 02 Curve, and 03 宝箱 Takarabako.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts