Thursday, December 1, 2022

Etvos Mineral Sheer Rouge Part III

I've had these three Etvos Mineral Sheer Rouge for the past couple of years and even took pictures and swatches of them and everything, only to let those pictures pickle until now ^.^" British Brown was released Fall 2019, and Cassis Sangria and Orange Pekoe were from the 2020 Spring collection. Since then, they haven't released any new colors and have discontinued all but 4 colors for the permanent lineup, which makes me think they'll do away with the line soon. I hope they won't, because I love these lippies :(

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


I know I've said this many times before but I'll say it again: I L.O.V.E. these sleek metal square tubes! Honestly, these and the old glossy black Suqqu tubes are--hands down--my favorite lipstick packaging of all times. They're sleek and easily portable (and stored, too!) because of their size, and they feel substantial in my hands, as in not plastic-y and cheap. Truly a perfect balance between luxury and practicality. I don't know about everyone else, but chunky and glitzy gold tubes are just not my thing. To me, they're more tacky and garish than lux, and yes, admittedly I'm a sheepish owner of a few--how else would I know to make such a comparison? If I ever go out on a fancy date night, you bet I'll be putting Etvos or old Suqqu in my mini-handbag.

- British Brown: a shimmer-free pinky chocolate brown but turns chocolatey-purplish-mauve on my lips! How neat is that?

 
- Cassis Sangria: shimmer-free bordeaux that's very flattering on.

 
- Orange Pekoe: swatches orangey-brown but this orange disappears completely on my lips and it turns very brown :( I passed this one on to my friend M. who loves brown lippies.

 
From left to right: British Brown, Cassis Sangria, and Orange Pekoe.

 
I did some comparison swatches as well, seeing some colors look pretty close to each other, at least the bullets appear that way.
 
Brownie Red versus British Brown

Rose Fig versus Cassis Sangria
 
 
See how British Brown is totally mauve-y next to Browny Red? And when I swatched Browny Red next to Orange Pekoe as well, the red in Browny Red came out pretty clearly as well. Rose Fig is substantially lighter and pinker and Cassis Sangria.

 
See my previous posts:

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts