Monday, August 17, 2009

The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Body Butter

I got The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Goodness Gift Set on sale for dirt cheap, so I was thrilled to try them out as I love the Pink Grapefruit scent.

***Picture from The Body Shop USA.

The gift set was an awesome deal and came with (taken from The Body Shop USA website):
- 8.4 fl oz Pink Grapefruit Shower Gel
- 1.7 oz Pink Grapefruit Body Butter
- 1.7 oz Pink Grapefruit Body Scrub
- 3.5 oz Pink Grapefruit Soap
- Pink and White Bath Lily
- Pretty curved floral-printed card box with magnetic closure (which I'm not so sure what to do with...)





I wanted to try the Pink Grapefruit Shower Gel, but my experience with the Naive Grapefruit Body Wash left me less than excited to try yet another grapefruit-scented body wash. So I tried the Pink Grapefruit Body Butter instead.



I expected this Pink Grapefruit Body Butter to be a bit greasy as I tried it once before in the store and remembered it being a bit greasy. It turned out to be delightfully light and non-greasy, even lighter than the Strawberry Body Butter! The texture is also a bit thinner than the Strawberry Body Butter, so it doesn't really have the same firm cold spreadable butter shape but more like a vegetable spread (I know, not exactly a palatable description, is it?).



Regardless, I like it so much I instantly added it to my mini assortment of hand lotions/creams on my night stand. I think it makes an awesome summer hand cream for those with dry skin like me, even in this nasty humidity! It absorbs so completely and leaves my hand so comfortably soft, I find myself reaching for it more often than not. That said, it probably won't do for the winter, but I'm not going to bother worry about that right now. Very much eyeing the Pink Grapefruit Lotion and will pounce at the first sign of a good sale :D

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts