Friday, August 21, 2009

The Body Shop Strawberry Body Polish

While in my Body Shop kick, I got both the Strawberry Sunshine Gift Set as well as the Strawberry Love to Pamper Gift Set. As a result, I ended up with 2 of these Strawberry Body Polish tubes :) I tried it right away, of course :)

The Strawberry Sunshine Gift Set includes (taken from The Body Shop USA website):
- 2.5 oz. Body Polish
- 2.0 oz. Shower Gel
- 1.7 oz. Body Butter
- White Bath Lily
- Mesh bag (which I use as a makeup bag)







The Strawberry Love to Pamper Gift Set includes (taken from The Body Shop USA website):
- 8.4 fl oz Strawberry Shower Gel
- 1.7 oz Strawberry Body Butter
- 2.5 fl oz Strawberry Body Polish
- 3.5 oz Strawberry Soap
- Red/Cream Two Tone Bath Lily
- Two piece rigid box with twisted paper lid and PET window


***Picture from The Body Shop USA.

Again I don't have a picture of this gift set because, like the Wild Cherry Body Bliss Gift Set, I kept the Strawberry Shower Gel, Body Butter, and the Body Polish for myself and gave the Strawberry Soap away. If I didn't like the strawberry scent so much I probably wouldn't have kept the Body Polish either.

- Strawberry Body Polish: I think I've already established the fact that I love this scent. That said, I'm not quite sure how to use this body polish O.O The way I'm using it now is probably wrong? I don't know. So may be this review is a bit inaccurate :X



For the first few times, I just put some on my hands and massaged away. But then it was really hard to reach all of my back with just my hands. Since I use a bath puff and body brush to exfoliate daily anyway, I thought I'd try the puff and brush with this body polish instead of body wash. Once I did, honestly I couldn't really see the point of using this body polish. I mean, if your hands can reach all of your back, this would make a decent body exfoliator that is actually kind of moisturizing. But because I already exfoliate daily with a body brush and then apply body oil afterwards (Oshima Tsubaki Camellia Oil in Water in the summer, pure Camellia Oil in the winter), I couldn't tell the difference with this body polish at all.

So yeah, if your shower habits are similar to mine, this product will probably be useless, so don't get stuck with 2 tubes like me.

3 comments:

Citraramya said...

I love this Strawberry Body Polish. I use it with an ordinary way. Put an amount on palm and lather away with a mix of water, just like a shower gel. :)

The scent is amazing! :D

D. said...

Hi Citraramya,

I love this scent too! And I use this body polish with my hands just like you, though do you put it on anything to scrub your back? I can't reach my back with my hands, so I guess that means my back doesn't get polished ^.^

Cheers,
D.

Ningrum said...

Hi, sorry for the very late reply. LOL. I reach my back with my hands! I just can do it, I don't know how. :)

cheers! :D

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts