Thursday, September 16, 2010

Neighborhood Chinese Restaurant

Hubby and I decided to visit the Chinese restaurant in the neighborhood. It is completely nondescript without even a name - there is only a sign that says "Chinese Food" on the door.

Nonetheless, the food looked delicious, although facing with a wall full of choices (see for yourself!), I resorted to the easiest choice, wonton chashumen - ramen with wonton and supposedly Japanized char-siu, though to me it was a lot closer to Chinese/Vietnamese braised and caramelized pork (I recently made a version of this too using fried tofu instead of pork).

Sooooo many choices, gah! What to do? What to do?!?

My boring fall-back choice :P

It was pretty good, but I think I'll be braver and order something else next time. This is the second time I've done this, ordering ramen when I'm stuck with a huge menu and rushed to order. The first time was at Denny's. Boo. Hiss. I've got to stop doing that!

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts