Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Buxom Full-On Lip Polish Diamond

Finally, the last of the Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lips set! Hooray!!!

This is a preview for Buxom Full-On Lip Polish Diamond in April.

Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lips set 

All pictures taken indoor with flash unless otherwise noted.

This Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lips set includes mini sample sizes of Benefit Cosmetics Posietint in Poppy PinkSmashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in PoutUrban Decay Pocket Rocket in DougLaura Mercier Lip Glace in RoseTarte Double Ended Lip Gloss in Danny-SandyBuxom Full-On Lip Polish Diamond in April, and a full size Korres Mango Butter Lipstick SPF10 in 14 Pink.  

Buxom Lips are lip plumping glosses that promise to deliver fuller lips, which I honestly don't care much for. Also, the first time I open up this gloss my first thought was, holy hell, it's thick! Yes, it's very very thick, to a point that as I pull the brush out of the tube some gloss stringed out with it. And while it also feels very thick on the lips, it's not as sticky as I expected and lasts quite a while too! Like many glosses, it has a sugary sweet vanilla scent but thankfully does not taste sweet. I think I like the strong minty sensation best though ^.^ Other than this gloss, only other gloss/balm with a similarly strong minty effect without a sweet taste is my favorite Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Soothing Lip Balm. I guess it's the effect of the peppermint oil that plumps the lips? The applicator in this sample tube is a brush, which I like better than a doe-foot.


- April: in the tube this color looks bubblegum pink. On the back of my hand, it looks more of a peachy pink. On my lips, however, it turns much cooler and is more of an icy pink, just as described on Sephora. Now the bling wattage, the "diamond" finish is also correct. This color has the effect of wet diamonds on my lips, super sparkly and very pretty but perhaps too loud for day time wear.

This picture and the one below are taken in natural light without flash.

Left to right: Buxom Full-On Lip Polish Diamond in April, Laura Mercier Lip Gloss in Rose, and Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Pout.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts