Saturday, March 2, 2013

Cle de Peau Beaute Gentle Nourishing Emulsion

I started using this 6mL/0.20fl oz. bottle of Cle de Peau Beaute Gentle Nourishing Emulsion more than 3 weeks ago after using up the tiny sample tube of Caudalie Premier Cru The Cream. This was a part of an older set of samples from E(vil)bay, which I bought solely for the cute little glass bottles this emulsion as well as the Gentle Balancing Lotion came in ^.^

The older sample set (left) includes, from left to right, the Gentle Balancing Lotion 15mL/0.5fl oz., Gentle Cleansing Foam 10mL/0.38oz., Intensive Facial Contour Serum 4mL/0.13oz. (just started using and will review later), and this Gentle Nourishing Emulsion 6mL/0.20fl oz.

This emulsion is quite rich despite its milky appearance - exactly how I wanted it as a finishing touch moisturizer sealant to my nightly routine. Steam Cream used to be it for both day and night, however here in SF the water is too harsh even though the weather is humid, and Steam Cream is just not enough for nights anymore. But I'm not sad at all :P because it means I get to move on to try new things, like the Caudalie cream and now this emulsion.

So far, I'm liking this emulsion a whole lot! Like the Gentle Balancing Lotion, it is rather perfumy with a scent very similar to the Nivea cream my grandma used to put on every night. So I don't love the fragrance, but it's not a bad smell so I don't hate it either. As mentioned, this emulsion is rich, and I literally warm a drop of it, okay fine, may be two, in my palm and massage it into my skin. After application, my face will feel sticky for about 5-10 minutes until it's fully absorbed. And then the stickiness disappears completely, leaving my skin super soft. Wow.

Since I started using this emulsion, I can feel and touch the improvement in my skin! Not only it "fixed" the parched mess left behind by Aqualabel White Clear Foam, it pretty much got rid of the dryness as well as the flaking! And yes, I'm giving it credit because it's been more than a month now since I'd changed my night routine and sticking to it. And this emulsion has been a part of that new routine for more than 3 weeks out of the month, so I can't not give it at least some credit.

I also have a Japanese version of this emulsion from the Cle de Peau Beaute Glow Fall 2012 Mook

Anyway, save for a small area on my forehead (not sure what that's about...), my skin is now soft and smooth and overall just a pleasure to pile skincare on every morning and night ^.^ To think this stuff is at least 3 years old already (which makes me kind of nuts for testing it in the first place, but that's a whole other story...). So I'm hoping the much fresher Japanese version below would be even better, but who knows. If they have different ingredients, they just end up being different. Either way, I'm actually looking forward to trying it and will update with any difference.

Here's the ingredients for the Japanese version. No translation though, sorry. Too lazy...

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts