Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Mustela Nourishing Cream with Cold Cream

My goodness, I had two of these 40mL/1.35fl. oz. of Mustela Nourishing Cream with Cold Cream and it was like pulling teeth to finish using them.

 
I remember the first thing I noticed upon trying our very first Mustela product (Mustela Foam Shampoo for Newborns) was the strong scent. Ooof. Why so perfumy? It's a baby product, for God's sake! But fine, hubby and I got used to the scent on our little ones. In fact, I'd even say we grew fond of how the boys' hair smelled after a hot shower or a warm bath. 

Until this cream came along.
 
Urgh. It's the same fragrance, but for some reason it didn't mesh well at all with the formula of the cream. Because goddamn, it became ten times stronger and it just stank! Hubby hated this cream with a passion. He was convinced the cream had gone rancid--it was *not*--just that the cream formulation made the harsh fragrance that much more terrible, and it added a strong chemical odor. My four-year old wouldn't even let me apply to his face. The first time I did, he scrunched up his nose and said, "This smells yucky, Mama." So that was that.

I used it only my one-year old instead, because to be fair the thick cream was indeed moisturizing. This stuff did keep his chapped cheeks soft and did away with the flakes on his arms and legs. As soon as I finished the two tubes though, it was like a load off of my shoulders. I still have the Nourishing Lotion version and to be honest, I'm a bit reluctant to open up the tube and use it. Makes zero sense that I have to feel that way about things I purchased with money, so I will not repurchase this stuff ever.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts