Monday, May 1, 2023

Avene Extremely Rich Compensating Cream

Started using this 50mL/1.69fl. oz. jar of Avene Extremely Rich Compensating Cream since last fall so here's an overdue post for it. Quick note: I don't know if the cream itself was reformulated, but this yogurt-jar packaging was discontinued and the current packaging looks nothing like this anymore.  


I have a pretty odd story with this jar of cream. I bought this jar when the pandemic first started, and having taken photos of it I stashed it away for later like I did with everything else. Then some time after that, I wanted to use it, but for the life of me I couldn't find it anywhere. I turned my closets and cabinets inside out and upside down--and several times!--but still could not find it. And mind you, the jar is so unusually shaped like a yogurt jar with a tapered neck and wide bottom, so it wasn't like it had blended in with my many jars of cream and I'd simply overlooked it. But after exhausting myself to no avail, I resigned to the thought that I must have given it away to friend or family. Then last fall, more than a year after my fruitless search, I was just rearranging my skincare cabinet when, lo and behold, there it was, this very jar of cream sitting right there in front of my face! And yet some year ago when I was looking for it, I had taken out every single item in that same cabinet and put them all back one by one, and repeated three times, but still couldn't find it! Weird, right? Did my house elf played a trick on me?

Anyway, the jar itself had a hermetic aluminum sealed, and the cream inside was still fresh despite being several months expired. So I use it of course, and I like it a lot! It has a thick cream with lard-like consistency that's rich and moisturizing. Yet once on it isn't at all heavy or greasy, even thought it does take about five minutes to absorb fully leaving my skin dewy and soft. The cream is scented with the same fragrance as all the other Avene products, a lovely fresh cream scent.
 
I use this cream on the weekends only, and during the day. Because on the weekends, I always do a rough removal of sunscreen with cleansing water before climbing into bed and napping with my boys. This is the cream I goop on right after the rough cleansing, and I always wake up from the nap with bouncy skin. So yes, I'll definitely repurchase, at least to compare whether the current formulation has changed any, if at all.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts