Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Surratt Lipslique

When I first saw these Surratt Lipslique, I thought these lippies looked "Japanese." The packaging very much reminded me of the old and long discontinued Cle de Peau Beaute Extra Silky Lipsticks as well the also old and long discontinued drugstore dups Lavshuca Rouge Essence Bar and Moist Melting Rouge. Sure enough, doing a quick look at Surratt's official website I saw that they claimed to be "inspired by" Japanese "design aesthetics." Okay, so I gave them a chance and picked up first Lady Bug, Oh L'Amour, Perfectionist, and Rubis, and later came back for Au Courant as well. I guess this means I like them ^.^

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

I've never tried any of the Cle de Peau Extra Silky's, but wow, these Lipsliques have very similar textures to the Lavshuca dups. They're pretty much lip gloss in a stick, so soft you can only dispense 1mm at a time or they'll just be mushed. Texture wise they're heavenly: thick but non-sticky, buttery smooth, super moisturizing, and with a high gloss finish. They're unscented as well. I think the only difference here is the pigmentation: these Lipsliques aren't sheer IMHO even though the website describes them as sheer. See the swatches for yourself. All five colors show really well on my lips. If it isn't for the translucency that makes all five colors totally wearable, I probably wouldn't have liked them as much as I do.

- Lady Bug: reddish orange.

- Oh L'Amour: yellow based red.

- Perfectionist: warm medium pink.

- Rubis: blue based red and the most pigmented of the four.
 
From left to right: Lady Bug, Oh L'Amour, Perfectionist, and Rubis.

 
After playing with the above four, I went back to snatch up Au Courant. So glad I did. One of my favorite deep-colored lippie! Will definitely be back for even more colors!


- Au Courant: a vampy "wine dreg" color, can look brown in some light but is more obviously purplish on my lips. Very flattering.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts