Friday, April 14, 2023

Grown Alchemist Hydra-Repair+ Intensive Day Cream

Almost done with this 40mL/1.35fl. oz. jar of Grown Alchemist Hydra-Repair+ Intensive Day Cream as well so here's a post for it. After the Hydra-Repair Treatment Cream turned out to be too thick, I went for this Intensive Day Cream instead in hopes it would be lighter. I know the jar says "Intensive Day Cream" but names aren't always accurate descriptions of the actual product.

The good thing is that this cream is indeed lighter than the Treatment Cream. It's a soft cream that goes on light enough but is still very moisturizing and so makes a fantastic layer underneath my sunscreen. In fact, it works just as well as the Treatment Cream: my sunscreen sets to a dewy, velvety finish over this cream, and my skin stays moisturized throughout the day. 

That said, I won't be purchasing this cream ever again, because here's the bad thing about it: the fragrance is ten times stronger than the Treatment Cream. Again, it's not an added fragrance but is the natural scent of all the oils and extracts in the cream, but holy hell it's beats me over the head with a baseball bat. When I first opened the jar, I literally had to walk away and left the jar uncovered for 15-20 minutes to "air it out". It just reeked! Not a bad smell but just way. too. strong. The scent is a distinct almond plus rose hip, and yes, that sounds lovely in writing but in reality it's suffocating. Even worse is that because the fragrance comes from oils and extracts, it sticks around for hours! In fact, it smells so strong that I *had* to layer it under my sunscreen--the waterproof nature of the sunscreen suppresses the smell and makes it go away much faster than it would if I were to leave it alone. And I learned that the hard way: when I first tried this cream by itself, I had to wash it off because I just couldn't take the scent. So my humble opinion is that however well it works under my sunscreen, the crazy strong scent just cancels it all out for me. 

In fact, other than Hydra-Repair Eye Balm which is hands-down the best eye balm I've used to date, I'll probably be reluctant to try anything else from this brand given 2 bad experiences with strong fragrances.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts