Thursday, April 13, 2023

Grown Alchemist Hydra-Repair Treatment Cream

I first started using this 45mL/1.52fl. oz. pump bottle of this Grown Alchemist Hydra-Repair Treatment Cream last year, in the late spring/early summer, and had to put it back away until the fall/winter. It had a texture very similar to Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream, way too thick and rich for the weather at the time. So when last fall/winter finally came around, I busted the brown glass bottle out again for another go.

 
Now to be fair, the packaging did say the cream is thick and rich enough to be used as a leave-on moisture mask, and that it's best suited for fall/winter weather and/or dry climate. The instructions said to use morning and night, and I chose to add it to my morning routine because it layered really well under my sunscreen. My skin is already dry in the fall/winter months and wearing sunscreen daily only makes it worse. 
 
It was a bit of a learning curve to figure out the correct amount to apply under sunscreen. I started out using only one pump, which dispensed about a chocolate chip-size dollop. I thought that would be enough since the cream was thick and rich but nope, I got dry patches within a week. I tried two pumps, which was better but still left my skin feeling parched by the of the day. So I increased to three pumps, and wow, the result was instant--my sunscreen set with a dewy velvety finish that lasted all day. If you have dry skin like me, you might like this cream as well and I do recommend it with caveat--it had a pretty darn strong scent. 
 
Now mind you it wasn't an added fragrance. Instead, it was all the oils and extracts in the ingredients that contributed to the scent, and boy was it overwhelming. It didn't smell terrible, just a very strong herbal-floral-rose scent. I did get used to it eventually, but still, if you're sensitive to fragrance, this might not be a good choice.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts