Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Mamonde Petal Spa Cleansing Balm

Just finished this jar 80mL/2.71fl. oz. of Mamonde Petal Spa Cleansing Balm and wished I had more to use :( Wow, talk about an entirely different experience than its sister product, the Petal Spa Cleansing Oil which I almost dumped out after just the first use because it just stank.


So what was the deal with this cleansing balm and why did I like it so much? Let's just say it was totally different than all the other cleansing balms I've used thus far, about a dozen which is admittedly not that many. Still, this cleansing balm was unique in my limited experience. First of all, it was transparent and colorless, with a gel-like texture but still had a balmy feel. So yes, a cleansing-gel-balm hybrid. Like, woah, that was different! This hybrid texture made it an absolute pleasure to use. It was soft and spreadable, balmy but not greasy. It rinsed well and left my skin feeling clean but comfortable and not at all stripped.
 
I loved how it felt on my skin, much so I actually used LESS of it each time in order to prolong the puny 80mL jar. And it actually smelled really nice too, a lovely floral rose scent, just as intended. One time I did get a whiff of a stinky chemically odor similar to the Cleansing Oil, but it dissipated quickly and I never smelled it a second time. What a shame this whole line has been discontinued a few years ago. Worse, Mamonde had pulled out of North America in 2021 because sales were lackluster. The Kbeauty wave had over-saturated the market and I think the sheer variety of Kbeauty products had overwhelmed the average consumer. There's absolutely no leftover stock anywhere, and yes, I checked :( Let's hope they'll bring this line back sometime in the future, at least bring this cleansing balm back. I'll make sure to stock it up in spades then.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts