Tuesday, April 18, 2023

SkinFood Black Sugar Perfect Cleansing Balm

Almost done with this 100mL jar of SkinFood Black Sugar Perfect Cleansing Balm. It's been a long, long time since I last used a SkinFood item, the Tomato Jelly Tint Lip in 2015 and the Black Sugar Mask even further back in 2009! So this has been a trip down the memory lane for me as I still remember the same scent from the sugar mask.


This cleansing balm is actually really nice! In the jar, it stays solid and didn't disintegrate into an oily mess like some cleansing balm did (ahem, YSL!). However, as soon as I massage it onto my skin, it melts like butter. There was a heat wave the week I started using this cleansing balm and for a few days, it got up to 85F (~29C) in early April which was unseasonably warm, so I thought it was the heat. However, when temperatures dropped back down to 30-40F (about -1 to 5C) the next day (yes, I live where temperatures fluctuate like crazy, about 40-50 degrees difference from one day to the next), this cleansing balm remains just as melty on my face, so I conclude that's just how soft it is. Anyway, the balm rinses well and isn't stripping, and I think it does a pretty good job removing my waterproof sunscreen. I always follow up with a foaming cleanser though.
 
The cleansing balm as the same scent as the Black Sugar Mask, a lemon-citrus and nothing reminiscent of black sugar. And too bad it does contain polyethylene as well, which is probably the reason it doesn't turn into an oily puddle in the jar despite how soft and melty it is. So I'm sorry to say I won't repurchase even though I quite like it :(

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts