Monday, February 19, 2024

Scented Candles

Hubby and I have been burning through a bunch of scented candles so I thought I'd post about them.

First up was this Capri Blue Scented Candle in a 226g/8oz Tiffany blue glass jar with a metal lid. The scent was Volcano. This candle was all bark and no bite. The fragrance was a sweet tropical fruit punch and was on the strong side. However, once lit the fragrance disappeared and I could hardly smell anything at all. Either way, it was ok while it lasted, and it didn't last very long at all! Will not repurchase.

 
Next is this giant 525g/18.5oz. Illuminaria Scented Candle in a pretty royal blue glass jar I picked up as cart filler. The scent is Blue Spruce. Holy moly, this one will definitely last us a while--it's huge! It's so big my little matchstick burns out before I can even light all three wicks. The scent is strong, but not in a bad way. I light this candle downstairs and I can smell it all the way upstairs, in one of the guest bedroom on the far side of the house! The Blue Spruce fragrance is nice and crisp. It leans a bit towards cologne but it's not bad. By the time we're though with this giant jar, we'd be ready to move on. Will not repurchase.
 
Since the winter of 2019, one of hubby's former colleagues has been sending us a yearly Christmas gift in the form of this 185g/6.5oz. Thymes Aromatic Candle in a pretty glass jar. The scent has remained the same, Frasier Fir, and given that we've burned through two of them, it's safe to say we like it :)
 
Hubby and I actually really like woody scents like this one, as it's clean and isn't overpowering. And each of the two candles we burned through so far had lasted for quite a while despite us lighting it daily for about an hour or so. Not to mention I cleaned and reuse the glass jar afterwards to store toiletries (qtips, toothbrushes, etc.), a win-win! Will definitely look into more of these Thymes candles!

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts