Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Soap Crazy Part IX (Picture Heavy!)

Long time no...soap post! I think I'm actually loosing track of which bars I've posted and which I haven't, because I've used many, gifted many, and repurchased many. So if you see a bar I've posted before, sorry!

Fresh & Clean: Before leaving to Japan I bought a huge batch of soaps from this vendor, some 17 bars or around there. So you can expect to see lots more of this vendor in the future as I go through the soaps. And although I did end up giving a few of these bars away again, I will also keeping many to myself. They're spectacular! You'll see.

- Happy Lemon Goats Milk Soap: this bar of soap looks like a gigantic dessert bar, actually. And it smells so wonderfully of lemon, which I really like. This became a gift to a really sweet lady whom we visited recently.



LostRiverRags: still stalking this vendor waiting for a lotion sale ^.^ I pretty much gave up on buying their soaps because the fragrances were completely hit and miss. I could not smell anything from the majority of the soaps, other than that pesky musty odor. So yeah, I will only buy lotions from now on.

- Winter Grapefruit Goats Milk Hand & Body Lotion: using this right now and loving it! The scent is of a bitter note, more like grapefruit peel than the actual grapefruit itself, but fresh and clean nonetheless. The lotion never fails to impress me. It goes on super smooth and light, absorbs instantly and disappears into my skin as if I never applied a thing, and yet it keeps my arms and legs feel soft and moisturized all day!

Paradise Body Shop: haven't bought from this vendor now that I'm in Japan. Candice's soaps are larger bars, and therefore understandably more expensive, plus sending them all the way here will cost me an arm and a leg. I'll probably have to wait until I'm about to go home for a visit before buying, so I can pick them up while I'm home and bring them back to Japan with me. All the bars below were given as gifts, with the exception to only 1, the Cranberry Goat's Milk.

- Wasabi Goat's Milk Soap: I really wondered whether this bar truly smelled like wasabi. I gifted it to a Japanese lady, whose though process I can sort of guess, "Ehhh????" LOL!


- Oat Meal Milk & Honey Goat's Milk Soap: I really love this scent, and I think I've bought an Oat Meal Milk & Honey bar from every soap vendor I buy from ^.^ They all have the same warm and cozy scent, of course, even if each bar looks different.


- Cucumber Melon Goat's Milk Soap: smelled more like melon than cucumber. It ended up a gift too.



- Cranberry Goat's Milk Soap: this bar took me by surprise - it's the very first bar from Paradise Body Shop that I didn't care for. Actually, I didn't like the scent of this bar at all. It smelled nothing like cranberry. Instead, it had this really spicy christmas-y scent, like a mixture of pine woods and holly. Perhaps someone else would have loved it, but I couldn't appreciate it at all!



- Cantaloupe Goat's Milk Soap: I usually don't like cantaloupes but this bar wasn't meant for me anyway :P


- Brown Sugar Goat's Milk Soap: this was gifted to a nice gal I befriended recently. I hope she likes it because if it smelled anything like the Cinnamon Bun Goat's Milk Soap, it will surely be warm and sweet.



Rachel Rene: For some reason, this vendor now sells mostly cold process soaps. I really prefer her melt and pour kind, as I noted that her soaps are probably the smoothest soaps I've used. Not sure why she switched to focus on cold process, oh well...

- Lavender Basil Soap: I actually had bought this bar a few times now, and every time when I intended to keep it to myself, I ended up giving it away! Hmph!


No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts