Monday, May 9, 2011

Clinique All About Eyes Rich

I can't believe it took me since January to almost finish this tiny little GWP 0.17 oz (5 mL) of Clinique All About Eyes Rich! I started using it because my eye area were so dry it started peeling!


***Picture from Clinique USA.

All About Eyes Rich is an unscented moisturizing eye cream and oddly looks like a lighter shade of cream foundation. It doesn't just look that way, it sort of feels that way too, only it doesn't have any coverage. It feels quite rich going on and if I apply too much it doesn't get absorbed completely and would leave a semi stick film around my eyes. But let me tell you, my eyes were so dry I didn't care how sticky this stuff would get, I just slathered tons of it on!


Well, the good news is that after more than 4 months of applying liberally 4-5 nights a week (I use it for 2 consecutive nights, then skip 1 night), I still haven't use up the tiny jar, which mean if I were to buy the full size, it would probably last me a very very long time. The bad news is that I will definitely get bored of it, not to mention it still is not moisturizing enough for my super dry eye area, even as rich as it is and even as liberal as I apply it.

Actually, it's kind of crazy to realize how dry my skin can get, especially around the eyes! I thought this stuff was already pretty rich, but to think I need something even richer for my eyes...yikes! Should I just start slathering my skin with pure shea butter? I have friends who do that, and they don't use wimpy processed stuff from L'Occitane either. They buy unprocessed pure shea butter by the bulk!

4 comments:

Melanie M said...

I live in Vegas (which is practically the driest place on earth or so it seems!) and I have super dry skin! I use 100% pure organic shea butter as my night time moisturizer. It works wonders!! I have never had a problem with it clogging my pores and making me break out. I love the stuff, it's seriously amazing. My skin is so much less flakey and rough. Usually what I do at night after I wash my face is first use my differin gel, then slather on the shea butter, and then lastly I break open a vitamin E capsule and rub that on top! It sounds like overkill I'm sure but if you knew just how dry my skin is you would understand!

D. said...

Hi Melanie,

I'm glad to hear from another person who uses pure shea butter! Where do you get your supply? My friends told me to go to Ebay...

Melanie M said...

I have never thought to look on eBay! I have tried a couple different brands, and I have settled on on called SheaMoisture. I actually found it at Target of all places!

D. said...

Hi Melanie,

Hey I dig Target so I'll check there next time! Thank you! I'll look into SheaMoisture online too ^.^

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts