Tuesday, October 29, 2019

L'Occitane Almond Milk Concentrate Part II

Just finished with this gigantic 200mL/7oz. jar of L'Occitane Almond Milk Concentrate so here's a quick post.



I love this stuff, no doubt about it. I've been using it off and on for years since I first tried it back in 2013. There's no complaint about the actual body cream here.

Rather, this post's main focus is on the full size jar itself, how user-unfriendly it is. I think L'Occitane meant for this jar to be immobile and stationary on someone's vanity, because boy is it a hazard to pick up! First of all, it's a glass jar with some 200mL of cream in it, so heavy is fact. Secondly, unless you have gigantic basketball-playing hands (I sure don't!), you might have a hard time picking up this jar and move it anywhere (I sure do!). Look at the shape, it's oval and tapered towards the top, quite large, and without anywhere to grip on. Consider it houses a moisturizing cream inside which requires me to dig in with my fingers, inevitably cream would get onto the glass jar itself also. Put two and two together and--wahlah--you have a gigantic glass jar without anywhere to grip and is slippery with cream!

To test my theory, I brought the jar to bed one night and set it in front of hubby whose face was in his laptop screen and wasn't paying attention. 
- Me: Hey, would you pick up this jar for me?
- Him: Huh? What? Why?
- Me: Just pick it up real quick.
- Him: (confused) Okay?

Then he reached to wrap his piano-playing hand (large, but not as humongous as basketball-playing hand for sure!) around the jar and picked it up. And what do you know, it slipped right out of his grasp. 
- Him: What the heck? How do you supposed to pick up this jar?
- Me: You're not supposed to, I guess.

Yup. Point made. Will not repurchase unless it's in a tube or something more user-friendly.

See my previous L'Occitane Almond Milk Concentrate post.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts