Saturday, December 21, 2019

Lipstick Queen Dating Game (Lipstick)

Over the summer, Lipstick Queen shuttered their official US online shop and put all available stock on great discount (the brand is still available through other online retailers such as Ulta, etc.), so I picked up a few things, among which a Dating Game Lipstick in Good Catch, Sinner Lipstick in Wine for my pal J., a backup of Saint Bordeaux, and a Black Lace Rabbit Cream Blush (will post next). 

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

The tube was a shiny metallic pink. I would have preferred it brushed metal but it was still pretty nonetheless.

To be honest, I knew this was a great risk--this whole line of Dating Game lipsticks centered around pinks, cool-toned pinks, and I tend to lean warm towards oranges, corals, and reds. That, and these lippies are supposed to provide medium and natural coverage. Still, I was curious enough to want to try one. From whatever online swatches I could find, I picked the warmest pink from the line, Dating Game.

The unscented formula was what one could expect from Lipstick Queen, smooth, moisturizing, and with a nice sheen. The lippie delivered the medium natural coverage it promised, which was too pigmented for me for everyday wear, but I knew this going in so it wasn't at all a disappointment.

- Good Catch: shimmer free and warm carnation pink, a medium pink. Went on my lips exactly as swatched and was unfortunately much too pigmented, and too pink, for my taste. Passed this on to mum-in-law and she loved it.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts