Friday, March 2, 2012

Physicians Formula Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls Blush

Oh, Physicians Formula, what do I do with you? Because I have the same problem with these Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls Blushes as I do with the vast majority of other PF items - love the stuff, hate the package with a passion. I had my eyes on these for a long while since they came out but only saved this past winter when I went home for a brief visit. These Mineral Glow Pearls have two ranges, one a powder/bronzer line and the other a blusher line. I went for the blushers, because I figured the powder/bronzer range probably has the same gigantic compacts as the Multi-Colored Face Powder and the Mineral Correcting Powder, and the blushers looked smaller. There are only 2 colors available in the blusher line, Natural Pearl and Rose Pearl, and I bought both.

Natural Pearl


Rose Pearl


Turns out the blushers have the same ugly and bulky compacts as the larger powders. Sure, it's a tad smaller, but it still has that needlessly large compartment underneath, supposedly to store a brush but turns out to be a complete waste of space. And the pearl on top of the snap lid, while a nice thought it's totally impractical because it makes the compact very difficult to store. The bulging pearl just doesn't sit well with anything or in anything! But other than the dumb packaging, the blushers are great! They're baked, and thus feel a bit dry, but their pigmented and the colors are pretty.



- Natural Pearl: a reddish coral that's very pretty on my cheeks.

- Rose Pearl: a bright cool rose pink that appears quite warm in the swatch but is actually much cooler in natural light. Not sure how that happened. It might have been the lighting may be, either way it's pretty, though I prefer the Natural Pearl.


Natural Pearl and Rose Pearl.

2 comments:

Magic Chic said...

Hi,I love reading your reviews about Japanese cosmetic line. Your collections are very cool!!Love and followed your lovely blog. Keep posting cool stuff!

http://magicchicmakeup.blogspot.com

D. said...

Hi Magic Chic,

Thank you for reading and following!

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts