Thursday, March 15, 2012

Laura Mercier Satinee Creme Eye Colour

Late last year, I was actually looking for an eye shadow base when I started considering these Laura Mercier Satinee Creme Eye Colours. I know that sounds silly since there are so many great eye shadow bases out there, however these Laura Mercier cream eye shadows are one of the very few formulas that doesn't crease on my super oily lids (and not discontinued!!!), so I'm just sticking with what I know for sure will work with my skin. I would have opted for the pretty Metallic Creme Eye Colour in Platinum as usual, but since I was attending a wedding at the time, I figured toning down the sparkliness would be a better idea to celebrate someone else's day ^.^ And so naturally, I turned to the Satinee Creme line and settled on Ecru Silk since Pink Chiffon seemed too pink.

Ecru Silk. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


These Satinee Creme Eye Colour came out a couple of years after the Metallic Cremes. I didn't even give them a second glance then as I much prefer my eye shadows to be sparkly or metallic (except for the super dark colors I use as liners, but that's something else altogether). But I guess that wedding gave me a perfect excuse to explore ^.^ These Satinee Creme Eye Colours aren't matte, but neither are they sparkly or metallic. They do have some shimmers, however their shimmers are so finely milled the finish is satiny instead of shimmery. If anything, they appear matte on most online swatches, even if they really aren't in natural light.

- Ecru Silk: a skin-like color that makes a fantastic base, if not even concealer! In fact, I'm looking into securing backups for it, because turns out I like it a lot more than I thought I would :P It matches my skin tone perfectly, and thus after blending the result is evened out eye lids that are perfect canvases to be painted on. I have also tried dabbing it on underneath my eyes as under eye concealer and it worked great that way too! Because it's a skin-like color, it makes my other shadows all the more vivid. Since it doesn't crease on my lids, it helps keep anything that goes on top. This is precisely what an eye shadow base is meant to do, right?

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts