Saturday, March 10, 2012

This cup's for you

Since that Cook Book Party I went to back in early February, I've been on the hunt for Suzune, a sparkling sake from the famous brewery Ichinokura of Miyagi Prefecture, one of the 3 regions hardest hit by the earthquake and tsunami last March. I was told it's popular, but damn, I didn't think it's this elusive. I just couldn't find it anywhere!

And then lo and behold, out of the blue I spotted it on the chilled sake rack at Queen's Isetan and made a bee line to it. There were 2 kinds, the regular Suzune that's in the green bottle, and then there was a Hanameku Suzune, which is special release for the cherry blossoms that are soon to bloom. It came in a dark, sakura decorated bottle, really pretty! You bet I grabbed both, and I thought I'd post them today in memory of the events last March.

I pour this cup for you, Japan.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts