Saturday, March 10, 2012

Canmake Cheek & Cheek

These Canmake Cheek & Cheek made a big splash when they first came out and everyone loved them. Monkey see, monkey do, and so naturally I got curious and had to try some too. So very glad I did, because I totally see why these are so popular! They're silky soft and smooth in addition to being pigmented and super affordable. How can anyone not like them?

01 Candy Flower and 02 Rose Tiara. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

So far, there are 4 colors in the permanent lineup and 2 more limited editions that flew off the shelves like hot bread in the wee morning. I'm living right here in the darn country, dammit, and I still had a tough time finding these just a week after their release! Could have sworn those Japanese ladies pulled some American-style camping outside the store whenever a limited edition anything comes out. Gah! Anyway, I'm only reviewing the 4 in the permanent lineup today and will post the 2 limited edition ones later.

03 Gerbera Kiss and 04 Love Blossom.


In my opinion, aside from the smooth texture and the pigmentation of these blushers, the best part about them is that either colors can be use separately as a blush. Yes, the lighter color does hold its own and is just as pigmented as the darker color. So instead of getting a blush and a highlighter like most cheek compacts you get 2 blushes (actually 3 if you mix both colors together) in 1 compact! And for that price, it's a steal ^.^ Here's praying they'll never discontinue these and will keep on expanding the color range to include brighter oranges. Who says a girl can't daydream?

- 01 Candy Flower: a combo of warm petal pink (left) and a corally orange (right) that flips and turns orangey coral on me. So far, my skin has unfailingly coral-ified most oranges, with the exception of that bright tropical orange bar in the Canmake Cheek Gradation 06 Candy Stripe, which somehow remains amazingly orange on my skin.

- 02 Rose Tiara: a neutral combo that comprises of a milky pink (left) and a bright but not quite hot pink (right). I guess that's why the milky pink is there, to balance out the color. Despite how light it looks it does give me a veil of fresh powdery pink color when worn on its own.

- 03 Gerbera Kiss: a combo of milky orange (left) and a fleshy pink (right). The milky orange turns peach on me, while the flesh pink is not as warm on me as it looks in the pan.

- 04 Love Blossom: a gorgeous combo of peach (left) and reddish pink (right). The reddish pink is too pigmented on its own so I always mix it with the peach. The resulting color is a gorgeous coral (yep, coral again...)!

I forgot to swatch a blend of the 2 colors, so you'll just have to use your imagination ^.^

2 comments:

Pearl said...

Wow, the colors are all so beautiful!

And it seems like in each of the palettes, both colors would be extremely wearable since the included colors aren't polar opposites. Very nice ^^~

D. said...

The colors aren't opposites but they are different enough to be used as two different colors. That's what I like about them! ^.^

D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts