Friday, May 29, 2020

Mustela Nursing Comfort Balm

Been using this 30mL/1.01fl. oz. tube of Mustela Nursing Comfort Balm these past two weeks and it really helped, so I figured I should post this sooner rather than later.


This is a relatively new product in Mustela's Maternity collection--they've been really expanding their product line, as if it's not already big enough, what with the many overlapping baby shampoos. But hey, just when I needed a nursing balm anticipating the arrival of our tiny guy, so I'm not complaining. Sure, I could always go back to Boiron Homeoplasmine Ointment, but I'd rather try something new ^.^

Turns out this Nursing Balm is pretty awesome. They call it a balm but it's more like an unscented, oily gel to me. It comes out of the tube translucent, and I just need pea-sized dollop for both sides. It really soothed the sore and dry nipples, especially during that first week when baby nursed constantly to get as much of that colostrum as possible, before the mature milk comes in. I wish this balm existed when I had my first baby, because the sore, dry, and cracked nipples can be a real (painful!) challenge for first-time mums. And here I thought I was prepared then too with the Homeoplasmine Ointment and still I battled the sore and cracked nipples for months! Whereas this second time around, I've only been applying this balm for two weeks and my nipples are already healed and fine. Likey and do recommend! 

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts