Sunday, May 10, 2020

Bartaco, Boulder

Bartaco is a relatively newcomer. They've only been around since 2015, and even then I'm not entirely sure they were in Boulder at the time. Yes, it's chain of fusion tacos and other yummy stuff. The atmosphere had always been boisterous, especially on Friday and weekend nights, although lunchtime was much more quiet and manageable.

I don't care either way. The food is great, and I'm just happy they're still open for takeout and delivery. In fact, hubby and I got a giant takeout order from them last week and we inhaled everything within the day.

By fusion tacos, I mean in addition to the usual fares like chicken verde, carnitas, and baja fish, they stuff the mini corn tortillas with glazed pork belly (my fav), sesame soy-glazed ribeye and kimchi (my second fav), and roasted duck with tamarind glaze (my third fave ^.^). There are vegetarian options too like portobello and cheese or cauliflower, and instead of corn tortillas we can also opt for flour tortillas or just bib lettuce as well. 

So, why is the pork belly my fav topping: think black pork (東坡肉, Dongpo rou) with a thin and crunchy layer of glaze. When I bite into it, it crunched first, then it melted in my mouth. Sooo good. The sesame ribeye is yummy too, but doesn't quite carry the same satisfaction as the pork belly. Same with the roasted duck. Still, all three are by far some of the best fusion taco toppings we've had.

Because of the current events, Bartaco had to cut down some on their menu, but they used to offer the roast duck quesadilla and falafel as topping for the tacos also. Hubby loved the falafel, so he's a bit sad they did away with this, until I stuff him silly with the yummy pork belly and everyone's happy xD

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts