Sunday, May 31, 2020

Johnson's CottonTouch Newborn Face & Body Lotion

Wow, how is it that I already used up close to half this giant 800mL/27.1fl. oz. pump bottle of Johnson's CottonTouch Newborn Face & Body Lotion!? 

When I was almost done with Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream, I realized that tube was the last of all the body moisturizer I had for my little guy (the 3 year-old, no body lotion for the newborn yet), so I panicked and stocked up several different lotions from Target. Among them, only this CottonTouch one seemed most suitable for the approaching summer--the label claims the lotion is ultra-lightweight. So I started with it and thought the large bottle would last to the early fall. Well, I was wrong. 

Being labeled for use with newborns but this stuff is pretty strongly scented! Granted, the fragrance is nice but still, I don't love the idea of using something so perfumy with my toddler, much less my newborn. But other than the strong fragrance, this lotion has a nice texture, almost like a gel-cream, light and fast absorbing. It works ok on my little guy's arms and legs, but just after one week of use his belly and face got these weird bumps. Then again, everything has been blooming so those bumps could be allergy-related.

One thing I know for sure is the poor thing is definitely getting allergies. Throughout April he was sneezing, itching his nose, and his eyes were dry, itchy, and red, and he's constantly rubbing them :( For weeks, his nightly routine after bath has been a drop of TheraTears into each eyes (which he hates), then Aquaphor Ointment all around the eyes to soothe the dry and flaky skin. Some days were better and some days were worse. The worst of all were windy days when he came in after outside time with his papa and his eyes were flared up red, teary, and super irritated. Things are much better now, thankfully, although he still needs Aquaphor on the lids before naptime and bedtime.

But I digress. Point is, I don't know if this strongly-fragranced lotion was irritating his toddler skin, so I'd stopped using this stuff on his face and switched to the 118mL/4fl. oz. travel sized bottle of the unscented Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion instead. Either way, I won't repurchase this CottonTouch lotion.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts