Tuesday, May 26, 2020

The Capital Grille, Denver

The Capital Grille in Denver is another "special-occasions" spot hubby and I sometimes visit. It's a chain, yes, a high-end steak house like Ruth Chris, and in case you're wondering, there isn't a Ruth Chris in Colorado :P


We learned about The Capital Grilled from our in-laws: Eno's younger sister L. married into a large family in Seattle who likes to throw huge parties and The Capital Grille happens to be one of their favorite restaurants. Back in 2011 when hubby and I traveled from Yokohama to Seattle for her wedding, we were treated to a giant steak dinner at The Capital Grille. When L. got her MBA in 2015, we were treated to another giant steak dinner at the Denver location.

...But hubby and I didn't start going to the place ourselves until after we moved home from Tokyo in the fall of 2016. I was never a steak person. In fact, huge slabs of meat repulses me. One of my biggest fear is touching raw meat or fish. I'll cook them, sure, but hubby prepares them for me to cook because I can't stand touching them. There's something about the texture that just sends the shivers up my back, and it's probably for the same reason that I don't eat *real* sushi, yes, as in raw fish and sashimi. What, did I trick you into thinking I'm some kind of foodie? Ha! Hubby loves his sushi, and I love my makis :P

But I digress. Hubby was raised on steaks and potatoes and every once in a while he craves a steak. That's why we go to The Capital Grille, because we rarely, if ever, grill a steak at home. I can count on one hand how many times we grilled a steak since moving home from Tokyo--exactly once. In fact, we rarely cook beef at home either, or fish too for that matter. I mostly cook chicken, pork, or vegetarian.



So yeah, hubby goes to The Capital Grille for the steaks and I go for the seafood, like this delectable lobster bisque here. The blended the soup to create this creamy and yet light and super smooth, almost fluffy consistency, with huge chunks of lobsters added after the fact.

The crab cakes and scallops were yummy too! The one time I ordered a Surf and Turf I only ate the lobster tail and gave hubby my steak ^.^"


The folks at The Capital Grille were super nice. They'd do little things like cards and confetti and special desserts on the house for special occasions.


As Colorado is slowly "reopening," in addition to the usual takeouts The Capital Grille is accepting dine-in again with extra measures taken to keep the social distance.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts